Stream Of Consciousness is a segment dedicated to the mind ramblings we all have whilst watching movies.
- In the midst of Interstellar and True Detective I have completely fallen for the McConassiance, but turns out I have not seen him in his prime rom-com days
- So what better than to start with the beginning of his “leaning on things” rom-com career How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- Kate Hudson plays Andie, who basically lives my teenage dream of being a successful Cosmo-drinking NYC writer. This came out in 2003, it’s just as inspired by Sex and the City as I was.
- Apparently she was TWENTY-THREE (aka my age) when she filmed this?! Okay, self-confidence level has immediately plummeted.
- Then how is Andie old enough to have completed grad school??
- I have to admit I have been crushing on Matthew McConaughey HARD lately. Like just look at him. That Southern drawl…that body. Why was I so blind before??
- Also real guys don’t look like this and it makes the real-life dating world super disappointing…
- Oh a woman sobbing because of a break-up that’s not a cliché at all
- Andie is going to write on article on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” by doing all the classic mistakes women make, while Ben makes a bet that he can make any woman fall in love with him if he wanted to. If he can do so, he can be the head of advertising for the new diamond company (because why should two women work on it when a man can do the job right??)
- SURPRISE they both pick each other. This is going to set up some genius Twelfth Night-esque hijinks isn’t it??
- Andie and Ben have a nice first night and she goes home with him….and Ben just put on “It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here” Remember that song? Thank you for that 2003 throwback. And he plays in unironically, I bet that snared all the ladies. It just screams sex….
- Only cool girls like sports
- This “Kiss Me” montage to the Sixpence None The Richer song ugh this is so cute
- I am honestly finding this really hilarious lol
- “If you’re gonna name my member…” Haven’t heard that word for it very often
- “Frost yourself” Frosting as the word for diamonds…that is an embarrassing advertising slogan. Don Draper would not approve
- News flash: Grown 30-year-old men are afraid of tampons!
- This is so cheesy but I’m loving it and honestly I’m finding it hilarious
- Andie goes up and meets his family and they’re all charming and fun
- THEY’RE FALLING IN LOVE FOR REAL
- UGH OMG SERIOUSLY it’s scenes like this that give me high expectations
- Why can’t real life be this cheesy and romantically cute and play sappy songs in the background
- This scene is really cringey and embarrassing and is hurting my ears
- I get why Andie is mad but she did the same thing to Ben? They were both guinea pigs for each other. But I guess common sense doesn’t apply to these types of films
- Aww how romantic he’s chasing her on his motorcycle, in true rom-com rescue-the-girl-and-save-the-day fashion.
- I honestly and unironically really liked this but I could just be blinded for my McConaughey thirst
Caroline was raised out of steel in the swamps of Jersey, a 23-year-old film junkie and feminist. She loves anything from the feel-good Hollywood classics to slasher films, from the magical Studio Ghibli to Vietnam War movies. Her favorite director is Martin Scorsese, especially when he’s directing Robert De Niro. It’s nearly impossible to pick her favorite movies without listing tons of them, but a few of them are Amadeus, King Kong, When Harry Met Sally, Raging Bull, The Godfather, Jaws, and An American Werewolf in London. Her absolute favorite will always be The Lord of the Rings. Her tumblr is cinematicvisons , she blogs about film at cinematicvisions (same name, different place) and her twitter is crolinss.
Categories: Anything and Everything
Leave a Reply