To follow on from yesterday’s post about the use of cars as a cultivation space for queer relationships in Todd Hayne’s Carol, a playlist has been curated to imagine that you too are being whisked away by a fur-wearing 1950s Cat Blanchett.
- Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra- The Bed Song
- Anne Hall- You Send Me
- Rufus Wainwright- Angus Dei
- Rachel Evan Wood- If I Fell
- John Michael Dias- I Don’t Remember You/Sometimes a Day Goes By
- Stina Nordenstam- Little Star
- Elisa- Dancing
- Keri Noble- Falling
- Mandy Moore- Gardenia
- Nina Simone- Here Comes The Sun
By Brett Ashleigh
Brett is a queer femme from Durham, NC. She examines the sonic characterizations of marginalized bodies in film. She knows every word to The Princess Bride, is a sucker for Center Stage and Bring it On, and considers director Todd Haynes her spiritual soulmate.
She holds an MFA in Sound Design and an MA in Cinema Studies from Savannah College of Art and Design, and is pursuing a PhD in Communications from Simon Fraser University.