To follow on from yesterdays essay on the feminine view of sound in We Need To Talk About Kevin, a playlist has been curated to slip into the mindset of Eva Khatchadourian.
- Neko Case- Blacklisted
- Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra- Not Mine
- The Civil Wars- Falling
- CocoRosie- Werewolf
- Aseptic Void- Psychosis
- Jeff Buckley- Come Together (Beatles cover)
- The White Stripes- Conquest
- Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra- Take These Hands and Throw Them in The River
- Jeff Buckley- You & I
- Radiohead- How To Disappear Completely
By Brett Ashleigh
Brett is a queer femme from Durham, NC. She examines the sonic characterizations of marginalized bodies in film. She knows every word to The Princess Bride, is a sucker for Center Stage and Bring it On, and considers director Todd Haynes her spiritual soulmate.
She holds an MFA in Sound Design and an MA in Cinema Studies from Savannah College of Art and Design, and is pursuing a PhD in Communications from Simon Fraser University.