To follow on from yesterdays essay on the feminine view of sound in We Need To Talk About Kevin, a playlist has been curated to slip into the mindset of Eva Khatchadourian.
- Neko Case- Blacklisted
- Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra- Not Mine
- The Civil Wars- Falling
- CocoRosie- Werewolf
- Aseptic Void- Psychosis
- Jeff Buckley- Come Together (Beatles cover)
- The White Stripes- Conquest
- Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra- Take These Hands and Throw Them in The River
- Jeff Buckley- You & I
- Radiohead- How To Disappear Completely
By Ashleigh Bowers
Ashleigh is a 20-something grandpa from Durham, North Carolina. If you make it past her fortress of books you might find her chatting endlessly (to no one in particular) about the sonic characterisations of women in film. To that end, she is currently pursuing a dual masters in Cinema Studies and Sound Design from Savannah College of Art & Design. She knows every word to The Princess Bride, is a sucker for Centre Stage and Bring it On and consiers director Todd Haynes her queer spiritual soulmate. You can follow her music-making alter-ego Brett.Ashleigh on Soundcloud here, or read her irreverent tweets @13cupsofcoffee.